I can’t believe we are at the end of January. I really enjoy my time this month. It filled with many happy days. Probably because the Chinese New Year came early this year, plus the good holiday, without realizing it, I’m sprinting my way to February.
Anyway, I’ve collected a lot of tiny pleasure this month. Starting from reading, the youtube channels that I’ve been loving, and the new habits that I added into my daily life. So here there are.
This month I got back into reading, although it wasn’t much yet, I finished reading one book the #Girlboss. Apart from that, I re-read back my old book and been actively taking notes. I want to take as much information from every reads even though I admit it’s a little bit slow to finish, at the same time I practice my handwriting. The book that I’m reading currently is the Beloved Mess by Kimm Crandall, a book of spiritual growth.
I hope by the end of next month, I can finish some of the books that I’ve purchased from last year. Many of them are still wrapped with plastic and left untouched. I plan to buy new books once I read them all too to reward myself. For the longest time, I’m all about non-fiction books and to be precise, the self-development section.
However, I wanna try to embark on other genres like fiction and sci-fi. I mean, why not right? Read the imaginations of others and dug deep into various stories. I’ve listed down some of the books that I wish to have. Hopefully, I can achieve my goals.
Done with books, now let’s talk about blogs. This month, I found many lovely blogs from across the globe. I’ve bookmarked a lot and I’ve spent so much time reading them too. I love to read about the inspirational blog posts, life updates, travel, and anything related to life. The variety of blogging is indeed amazing!
This month I’ve been watching a lot of Youtube, and I discovered a few of my favorite. All of them are about their life in Japan. Apart from my interest in Japan, I fell in love with their video and good thing there were subtitles too. I watch them before I go to work and it calms me. Their video also helps with self-development and appreciate slow living.
1. Mocha – To be honest, I have no idea how I found out his channel. The video I watched from him was about bread making. It accompanied with soothing songs and I press subscribed directly. I wish to have an oven whenever I watch his video. But for the most part, I enjoy how he put small positive words in his videos.
2. Keilani & Jasmine – She’s a person that makes me feel life is not as bad as we think. She lives together with her trusty cute companion dog named Jasmine. Every part of her video is beautiful and I always love how she shows many sides of wonderfulness in one life. There are times when I feel down, her video motivates me to always love myself. That’s why I feel so happy to found her channel.
3. Canon Vlog – One of the most memorable videos from her was about mochi that posted early this month. I recently stumble on her channel and watched every video. Even though her channel is still new, but the content was amazing.
4. Ryoya Takashima – He’s one of the people who were humble enough to show every tip and trick starting from cooking to photography. He got another channel The Peaceful Cuisine to showcase vegan food too. I’ve been following him for years, but only recently I caught up with his personal channel which again. If you watch his vlog, you will know that he works hard in everything he does.
This is just a small list and I’ve subscribed to more channel, but for me, these four was the highlight of this month. Almost each of them has the same vibe, yet it’s also very different.
I published more blog posts.
The previous year, I didn’t spend enough time with my blog and if you see my archive, you will know how little posts I have every month. But this month was a great start for me, I achieve my goal and wrote more blog posts! The only thing I regret to have a blog is not updating them at all, and to think back those months wasted, I can only compensate them by doing regular blog posts starting from now. And so I did. I feel so much happier with my blog, and I’m grateful to those who read and commented here. I appreciate every single one of them.
Anyway, here is the list of my posts this month.
- Jan 1st, The Wind Of Change
- Jan 3rd, I’m back to work.
- Jan 8th, TIny Pleasures 1
- Jan 13th, The Way to #Girlboss
- Jan 16th, A Simple Smile That Made My Day
- Jan 18th, A Landed Butterfly
- Jan 20th, 20 Things of Me
- Jan 23rd, Stargaze and Starstruck
- Jan 30th, Happy Chinese New Year!
- Jan 31st, Tiny Pleasures 2
I never knew I would write ten in total!
Going back to my hometown
I know I’ve been talking about my hometown lately starting from my early blog post to the recent one. But I want to highlight my most favorite list! The thing about away from the city, I can have a slow pace, no rushing, and the most important part is to spend time with the family. After I started working, I have less time with my grandparents and back then when I was little, I remember going there every weekend to have dinner with them.
But now, it’s hard for me to have a holiday during the weekend and only during the festive season I can go back again. Other than that, I need at least two hours of driving between my hometown to the city. But now and then, they will come down to the city and stay over at my aunt’s house for two or three days. So, I can meet them again!
How’s your January going?